- Improve efficiency and accuracy with an all-in-one platform that combines front office functions (project management, CRM) with back office processes (time and expense tracking, invoicing, electronic payments, accounting, and HR).
- Manage your firm from anywhere with the full functionality of the best-in-class BQE mobile app.
Built for architects, by architects.
Our founder designed our firm management software to create better project outcomes for his own architecture firm, and make everyone’s life easier. Fast-forward to today — meet BQE CORE.
Improve decision making with real-time visibility into KPIs
- Understand the full financial implications of project decisions with integrated project accounting and project management tools.
- Instantly see your firm's health and project performance with dashboards.
- Drill into essential metrics with ease: overhead, GA, fringe, utilization, realization, runway, and profitability.
Turn project managers into business managers
- Enable project managers to focus on true P&L with integrated project accounting and project management tools.
- Get real-time views into profitability at firm, client, project, phase, and employee levels.
- Identify specific areas of P&L for better optimization.
- Accurately account for every billable hour and expense with precise time tracking and automated expense capture/mapping to project and invoice.
Deliver projects on time and under budget
- Prevent cost overruns, poor team performance, and missed deadlines with real-time visibility into project performance at every phase.
- Spend less time on manual processes with automated time tracking, invoicing, and reporting — so your team can focus more on project delivery.
- Prevent overworked or underutilized staff by monitoring utilization rates in real-time.
Save time and money with automation
- Save hours every week with streamlined, automated processes, including time/expense tracking and invoicing.
- Ensure everyone stays in the loop with flexible, automated, sharable reporting.
- Improve cash flow and get paid faster by integrating ePayments with your automated invoices so clients can make payments Instantly upon receipt.
Master phased projects and percent-complete invoicing
- Confidently manage phased projects and invoicing based on percent-complete values.
- Easily separate basic service from additional services on a single invoice.
- Access any or all of our standard contract types (hourly, fixed fee, cost plus, unit cost, and percentage) and include any combination of them on a single invoice.
"Dashboards are an amazing quick view of an overall snapshot of what is going on. I love the ability to customize and set up multiple dashboards for Accounting, HR, Project Management, etc. The ability to fine-tune a time period is one of the best features. Time Sheets are easy to use for staff with minimal training."
"We're a small firm that varies in size and BQE CORE allows the flexibility to expand and contract and provide our staff the tools to manage their workflow, work within budgeted fees and time allocation, and track milestones and progress of project delivery. While many simply clock in, they don't monitor their progress and CORE provides a daily snapshot of time management and meeting project schedules, while I was the principal of design can do more of that…design!"
Irving A. G-
"We previously used ArchiOffice and were looking for a software program that would give us greater visibility into how we are doing from a project perspective, and BQE CORE does this. It is really easy for staff to enter their time - either in the office or in a mobile situation - and the ability to convert timed work into a time entry is great. You can't beat a knowledgeable customer service department like BQE CORE and the fact that they are available 24/7 means that you can get answers to your questions at any time of the day or night."
"BQE CORE is used in the company mainly to track time spent working on projects for third-party companies so we can bill them for that time. It's easy to track time with this tool due to its simplicity; it's been a breeze to integrate it with the flow of each employee who needs to use it with minimal effort in training. BQE CORE is a great tool for big teams."
Gerardo Mares S-
"BQE CORE timekeeping platform helps us address past problems of being able to accurately account for earned revenue with no extra administrative cost. Being able to invoice out of our timekeeping platform has helped us address a lot of past issues and keep our aged A/R low. BQE CORE's direct connect API into PowerBI is a game-changer as well. We can create customized dashboards that are key to our business operation and can provide live intel to our leadership. BQE customer service support is excellent as well, anytime we have a need or an issue, BQE is quick to address the problem."
"We use BQE CORE for Project Management, Time & Expense tracking, Accounting and Billing, Human Resources and as a CRM Platform. Being able to input information into one platform for use across many different modules saves time and energy on our administrative staff. All of the data is tracked and displayed in efficient widgets and customizable dashboards. The customized reports are very helpful as well. You can drill down all or only what you want to see. Customer service is responsive and able to sort out issues quickly."
"It is ideal for billable hours companies. It tracks progress extremely efficiently for a company that has multiple ongoing jobs concurrently, and a variety of employees who may just happen to be working on said jobs at once (or at different times during different days and weeks, month to month). This program is flawless."
"We utilize BQE CORE to track hours, manage projects, and organize our work. The ease of use and access we have to monitor our utilization is amazing; the ability to compile reports from time entry memos makes project closeout a breeze. Specifically, BQE CORE is just a massive time saver and the additional widgets allow for monitoring of individual employee metrics (utilization rates, budget, etc.) which has really been an eye-opener."
"I utilize BQE CORE for many Accounts Payable functions. Its streamlined program makes my job so much easier. I've worked with several accounting software over my career. BQE CORE is one of my favorites. It's very easy to use, and will make things so much easier. Looking forward to more upgrades and additional modules."
"BQE CORE is great for all-time tracking and billing tracking. The expense and travel [functions are] also very easy to navigate. The client selection is also very user-friendly, when you type in only one letter every client with that letter populates. BQE CORE offers great customer service as well, any issues, and they are solved immediately."
Why do I need Practice Management Software for My Architectural Firm?
Project management software for architects helps firms effectively manage teams and deliver better projects. With an architecture project tracking software like CORE, you can set up tasks to be assigned automatically, more precisely allocate resources, and easily track milestones across each project phase.
The most significant benefits of project management software for architects include:
How Do I Choose the Best Architecture Project Management Software?
To choose the right software for you, whether it’s an all-in-one project management platform or the best accounting software for small architecture firms, you first need to evaluate your current tooling and processes. Determine what’s making your team more productive and what’s hurting your performance. Look for patterns, either recurring pain points or productive habits that yield repeatable success. At the root of these patterns, you’ll find factors that make your firm more successful and those that impede your success and need to be improved.
For example, if you often encounter scope creep in your projects, you may need a tool that gathers business intelligence and helps you more accurately plan project phases, including the budget, resources, and duration of each. An ERP for architects, or enterprise resource planning solution, will combine processes and data across your firm’s project management, accounting, human resources, and other departments to make it easier for you to manage projects with several moving pieces.
As you’re searching for the right ERP for architects, consider your current needs and the possibility of scaling your firm in the future. Do you plan to add team members, take on more clients, or significantly change how you deliver work? An ERP or practice management platform helps your firm work efficiently as you scale without hiring additional staff, thanks to the power of automation.
Finally, establish your budget and a schedule to implement new software. Factor in the money the software will save you in the long run, and consider the time it will take to onboard your team and get them comfortable using a new program. All software has a learning curve, but you should prioritize one that your firm can quickly learn.
Do Architecture Firms Need Time Tracking Software?
The popularity of time and billing software for architects continues to grow because it helps improve firms’ overall productivity and keep projects moving forward. A time tracking app for architects allows you to capture every second spent on a project, so your firm accurately invoices clients and tracks its billable vs. non-billable time. You definitely need time and expense tracking software if you’re at all concerned about accurate billing, improved project planning, better business insights, and protecting your profit margin.